Mind/Body Program for Infertility
Relaxation strategies, stress management skills, and support
Infertility can affect every aspect of your life. In general, there are two types of people who we know will benefit from the infertility mind/body program offered at the Domar Center:
- Those who are feeling okay, but anticipate more intense feelings as treatment progresses and want to stay okay
- Those who are already not feeling okay
At the Domar Center, our goal is to have all of our patients at the okay end of the scale. There are some very key reasons why we feel strongly about helping patients maintain the lowest distress level possible.
- We really care about you! We do not want patients to feel sad, anxious, guilty, lonely or angry as they go through fertility treatment. The physical rigors of fertility treatment are enough to manage.
- Research shows that the level of distress may impact the success of treatment. The most recent study showed that women who were the most anxious and depressed prior to their IVF treatment cycle were 93% less likely to conceive than the least distressed women.
- A study published in February 2004 shows that the #1 reason patients drop out of fertility treatment is not because their physician was discouraging them from continuing, but because of their distress.
- Several randomized, controlled studies have shown that women who participate in the mind/body infertility program have significantly higher pregnancy rates than women who do not.
As a participant in a mind/body program, you will learn:
- Numerous relaxation strategies, stress management skills, and get support from others who "get it."
- How to change lifestyle habits which can have a negative impact on fertility.
- Cognitive restructuring, which involves identifying and reframing recurrent negative thought patterns, so that what starts as "I will never have a baby," may end up as "I am doing everything I can to try to get pregnant."
- Self-nurturing skills ranging from, "101 excuses to avoid baby showers" to how to restructure your daily life to add as much joy as you can.
Each program includes 10 weekly sessions, which all meet on a weekday evening,
View a schedule of upcoming programs.
Registering for a mind/body workshop is easy. To reserve your space today, click here or call 781-434-6578 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also download, print out and mail in registration forms from this website. There is a scholarship program, funded by the Domar Foundation, for women and couples who meet certain income requirements. Please call Theresa Raso at 781-434-6576 for more information.