Learn the techniques used in the Domar Center's mind/body programs for infertility and women's health
The Domar Center offers professional training in our mind/body approaches to infertility and women's health. Participants must be professionals in a medical or mental health field with at least a master’s degree. They must be familiar with mind/body techniques (behavioral medicine or cognitive behavior therapy) and with running groups.
Upcoming training dates:
- For future professional mind/body training dates, please go to www.TriaDea.com
- Training on all aspects of the Mind/Body Program
- Marketing suggestions
- Optional listing of trained individuals which we distribute when infertility patients call from around the country
- A provider’s manual
- A sample patient manual
- One relaxation audiotape or CD
- A copy of Dr. Alice Domar’s book, Healing Mind/Healthy Woman
Overview of training:
DAY ONE 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- How normal reproduction takes place
- What the typical work-up involves, both physically and psychologically
- All the common treatments, i.e., clomiphene, FSH, IUI, IVF, ICSI, PGD, etc.
- What they are and how it impacts the patient
- Psychological reactions to different stages of treatment
DAY TWO 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Cognitive behavioral strategies
- Teaching relaxation techniques to patients
DAY THREE 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Training in individual intakes
- Detailed explanation and training in each session of the ten-week program
- Training on the discharge evaluation